Google
 

what I don't get about some comedians

Jerry Seinfeld - is he really as good as he is? Pardon me, but I don't particularly go for the dead-pan delivery that he uses for his routine. Sure, I get it - it's part of his personal style. It's who he is. But still... couldn't the guy just spruce things up a bit?

Some say that Jerry is good, but you know, I would like to think of it this way - as with a lot of the things in life involving "taste" - like music, food, comedy, etc. etc... once you have tasted of the good stuff (like George Carlin, for example - now there's a true master of the delivery!!!!), you never (ever!!!) see the old stuff in the same light again.

Same case with me and Jerry, you could say. Except that I never got turned on to Jerry in the first place. I started out with George. Jerry is like your "run-of-the-mill", "I just do it for a living and then I'll just get the heck out of here" kind of comedian (or at least that's the vibe that I get whenever I listen to him, or watch him perform) - he delivers the jokes... but I dunno, there doesn't seem to be any life in the thing. No passion at all in his work, no urge for improvement... George, on the other hand... Now if you ever saw him perform, you'll know that the guy is really passionate about his work!!!!

What can I say, man? "Popular" just ain't cut it??? Now you know that's true. Ruben Studdard may have won American Idol some seasons back - but guess who was the better singer of the two for that season?

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 HaHaas:

Give Me a HaHaa!!!

<< Home